Monday, May 19, 2008

Zoo for Me and You


I found these pictures while trying to organize all of my pic files on my computer last month. I was suprised with the ultra cool shots I was able to capture with my dinky Kodak digital, the first one I ever owned. WOW! The peacock really put on a show this day. The polar bears were even in rare form...posing for the camera. I really have a hard time with zoos, it's a love/hate realationship. I love that my kids and I get to see all these different animals we might never see otherwise and I hate that they have to be caged and kept like they are.
I used my dymo labeler and some Soft Sky paper to add dates, names, and details. I went over them with Cool Carribean Ink. The title is done with Art Warehouse clear alphabet.

7 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Great photos, and fantastic layouts!

Kim Watson said...

You are right, the pic's are fabulous! I especially like the one of Tessa looking up into the tank.

I am curious about where you said:

"I used my dymo labeler and some Soft Sky paper to add dates, names, and details. I went over them with Cool Carribean Ink."....did you actually use regular paper through the dymo & then ink it?

You have gotta spill the beans about how, pleezzzz!
:o)

Jenn D said...

Fantastic photos and layouts! I love the one of the kids hanging upside down.

Alex said...

Great layouts Misty - love the pics and the Kraft paper is perfect for zoo pages! Awesome, girl!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Deborah said...

Great zoo pages Misty! I agree with you on zoos! We have this place nearby (10 minutes away) called the Wild Animal Park. They have hundreds of acres and have tried to create a natural enviornment for the animals. The gorillas always have there back turned, I feel so awkward and sad for them. Someday we will be on diplay for ailens to stare at! It would serve us right! Ever since my last visit, I won't ever visit the gorilla's again, it makes me cry to see them so bummed. Have a great week, your sensitivity is very special. Deb

Erica Bass said...

As always great lo. Love the scallop strips and the ribbon tabs! I love getting those pictures looking into the polar bear water!

Lisa said...

Awesome zoo layouts!