Friday, August 05, 2011

Cool Summer Fun


I wanted to make a layout that showcased our visit to this landmark custard shop in Meadville, PA. What's better than frozen custard on a hot summer day. They still use the original machines from the 1950's!! They have to supervised at all times when in use or they may blow up-true story. They have a license plate contest and we were not the first people from New Mexico to visit them. WOW! Cash only!

The letters are handcut from a 12x12 sheet. The paper is mostly Scenic Route
I used SS sketch#40 to jump start this layout.

Hey, guess what? It's "1952" gonna have to fix that :) Layered up some Scenic Route punch out arrows and ran the top one through my cuttlebug. Inked over it with Creamy Caramel ink.

"A little yummy for my tummy": Stampin up. Yellow Toile Frame MME

I knew I wouldn't have enough room to spell everyones' names out so I opted to use initials and then hand wrote the names at the top. The white dots are the extras from a package of AC Thickers and the washi tape is Martha Stewart.
Have a great day!

No comments: