Saturday, April 07, 2012

My mama, MY HERO, my heart


I made this layout to honor my mom. She has been my rock. She raised my brother and I on her own (my grandma and grandpa were big helps back when we were younger). She was a waitress for as long as I remember. When we moved to New Mexico and I was in high school she started taking classes at the local college branch. She earned her associates in accounting while working at a factory that built futon frames and other pine furniture. She never shied away from hard work and taught us to pray always. She has been  abused and faced so many trials through her life but she has remained a rock for me.


My mom married when I was in college. Soon after I had my first born she and my step dad adopted an 11 year old boy in Arizona. I now have two brothers to call family :). Recently my stepdad passed away and my mom has been dealing with some major health struggles of her own. I hope when she sees this layout it reminds her of how far she's come and how amazing she's done.

I just want my mom to know that I know I'm the best person I can be because of the lessons she taught me. As we celebrate the Ressurection of our Savior I hope that we can all feel a rebirth of our own goodness and kindness and do our very best for those around us.

Have a blessed Easter and enjoy your family.

3 comments:

Staci said...

Oh Misty, this is just stunning! It brought tears to my eyes when I say it. What a fantastic tribute to your mother. Wow. Just Wow.

~amy~ said...

Whatta lovely layout and post about your momma.

Stephanie U said...

What a wonderful layout! I love it Misty. Thanks for sharing the story with the rest of us.