Monday, July 22, 2013

Water Color Challenge Over at Paper Girls!

I love dabbing my distress ink pads, which are water reactive, onto a craft mat, spritzing them with water and then dragging my paper across the pools of color. You can get amazing results with this technique.

So, the newest challenge over at the Paper Girls Challenge Blog is to use watercolor in your project. I'm so glad I get to guest in on this one. I LOVE water coloring-the traditional way and with distress inks like I've done here. Come join in with challenge #36.
 

I drew in some waves and rocks with colored pencils and when I swiped the paper over the distress ink that I had pooled on my craft mat it resisted the ink in those areas.
 

Once your initial swipe is dry you can dab your paper around to pick up droplets of color for another cool effect.

2 comments:

Deborah Johnson said...

Completely fantastic!!! I just love this layout and your use of water colors.

Squirlygirl said...

Beautiful layout Misty! I love all the little details, technique and your handwriting is gorgeous! Love that you made it look like a beach :)
~Hugs~
Becky