Monday, September 24, 2007

Great friends...


I have the greatest friends in the whole wide world. I love them. Just thought I'd let you know.
Here's my first place prize winning layout about my iron. Technique Tuesday stamps for the "steam" coming out of the iron. My Minds Eye papers and blue rick rack around the journaling. I also sewed some lace along the edge of the striped block. Black stazon for the ink. And there you have it. A gorgeous lo about a silly thing like an iron.
We have MAJOR winds here that come of the mountains and the result is a loss of shingles from the west side of our roof. Tessa found a half one on the ground today and asked me what it was. I told her that it was a piece of the roof and she quite frankly told me ..."Mom, if the house is losing pieces then we need a new house!" I told her, "No, we just need a new roof." She was put out that we can't get a new house right now but I think she'll recover, hopefully soon.

16 comments:

michelle said...

Misty, this lo is one of my all time favs-who'da thought to scrap about their iron. BRILLIANT! Love ya.

D said...

I love this Lo! What a cool idea and so beautifully executed! I especially love the steam doodles!

Erica Bass said...

There is the winning lay out! I just thing it's so creative! Maybe I should just say YeaH what Michelle said!

Silly Teacher said...

About the greatest friends in the whole wide world, would you be referring to moi?

Lacey said...

Misty, its beautiful! Almost makes me want to go out and buy an iron!

Jill said...

Awesome lo girl! I really love the steam--that was a stroke of genius. I got a new iron last year (and haven't used it nearly as much as I should) and it is amazing what a difference a good iron can make, isn't it?! Congrats on your win too.

Jamie Lyn said...

Hey Misty love the whole ironing thing but if I was to iron anything it would have a nice littl mark on the back. That is why we buy ready to wear. NO IRONING. I am really happy in my life now also like you said it is how you feel. I am glad that you are happier now! We have started potty training ethan oh I will be glad once he is done cant wait. NO More diapers YEAH!!!!

Jenn D said...

I would have never thought to scrap a iron. This is wonderful. The colors and layout are stunning. Fabulous job!

Theresa said...

What a smashing idea! Prize well deserved!!!

Karin said...

Your blogg is great and this LO is wonderful!!!
Regards, Karin in Sweden

My Paper World said...

Totally amazing layout about an iron! Such a fab idea, it looks fantastic, love the stamped steam!

Erica Bass said...

Hey misty,
I tagged you on my blog.. It's a good one!

michelle said...

Hey Misty, Push aside the humble pie just for a second, You didn't mention the other ribbons you won! Show 'em to us girl!!;)

The Cryer Family said...

What a cracking layout!

Heather P. said...

This is SO cool! Love the steam... Fabulous!!!

Sadie said...

What an amazing layout, it is so original, no wonder you were awarded first prize.
Thanks for visting my blog.