Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Color Fun Pearl #7 and Paper Girls

The newest Paper Girl's Challenge is "Get Messy". I thought this would be perfect for a layout about the Color Run. I used the Scrapbook Steals Pearl #7 Sketch as my base. 
I took a piece of Whisper White Stampin' Up paper and spritzed some ink sprays around on it to start. Then I laid out my pictures and started adding washi tapes that coordinated.  


This aqua color is one of my homemade inks that I made using a tutorial by Van Nguyen. I think I may need an itty bitty piece of washi in this upper corner to ground the layout and trim a bit of the long pink one but other than that I'm HAPPY!
Have a super great day and make some time to create.
UPDATE****
Here's my updated layout.

7 comments:

Deb said...

gorgeous and I do like the addition of the washi tape, perfect!
Debxx

Amber Sheaves said...

Oh, Misty - I just love this! And you truly did get messy! Thanks so much for playing with The Paper Girls again!

Annette Allen said...

this is just way too fun...great way to capture a great memory..

Erica Bass said...

Perfect!

D said...

Love it! I'm so glad I got to be there with you!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS!!!! I just love all how you did a layout on the white to bring out all that gorgeous color! Stunning (as always), Ms. Misty!

Deborah Johnson said...

Congrats on the WIN!!! You rocked this challenge!!