Friday, August 23, 2013

Chicken Wire Stencil and CHALLENGES!

I've been feeling a little out of it lately. Lazy days with the kiddos and my desk just kept getting piled higher and higher with the detritus of crafting. I stayed up until 2am this morning cleaning and purging. Everybody needs a good purge, right? Then this morning I went in search of some challenges I could get to work on.
I picked three
                    

And using these goodies, some Tim Holtz Distress Inks and a chicken wire mask...

I came up with this!!!

I've had these plastic letters for at least 7 years. Good to be using them again :). I love the colors in the Pinspired Challenge photo and used the chicken wire in reference to the birds, and that CASE sketch is perfect for this set up. The graphic triangles from Sweet Stamp Shop's new Triangle Style are SO AMAZING! and affordable.

Hope you're having a creative day too. I'm headed out with the kiddos to do some more fun things before they head back to school.

9 comments:

Jen McD said...

OOOOh, love this, Misty!!! I can't wait to get my hands on that triangle set....and the turqouise/chicken wire combo is divine. So great to see your creations again.

Deb said...

Glad you found some crafty time! lOve this, the mask is fabulous!
have a great weekend, Debxx

~amy~ said...

ooohhhh...love that chix wire!

Anonymous said...

You have achieved a very cool effect with your inks and stencil. I love the changing shades of blue.
Heather T

Kristen said...

Oh, I love this! Wasn't that such a fun release over at Sweet Stamp Shop this month!? I'm so glad I came to your blog! :)

www.soposhcreations.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Oh, I love this! Wasn't that such a fun release over at Sweet Stamp Shop this month!? I'm so glad I came to your blog! :)

www.soposhcreations.blogspot.com

donna mikasa said...

Love the chicken wire background and the alpha sentiment!

Lindsey said...

Amazing is the perfect description for this card! I can totally relate to the needing to clean/purge. It always feels good...when it's done. :)

Shelly said...

WOW! Such a COOL card! :)