Saturday, August 16, 2008

Yard work is for the birds...

Well, I'm almost all the way done with the project I started two days ago...my back is killing me as are my shoulders and ribs. I feel AWESOME. Ugh. Sarcasm. My body feels like it went through the ringer but I do feel really good about getting things done outside. We have three acres of high desert weeds SMILE, but we're working on it. Landscaping out here means doing a little bit at a time and trying to plant things that will survive the pretty hot summers and really snowy winters (the snow does melt fast though). We've had a ton of rain and the weather has been super for working out doors. My dh, bless his heart, mowed about an acre and a half with his push mower today. After which he informed me once again that we need a riding mower...I KNOW! Anyone got a couple thousand laying around? Just kidding.
So, I'm beat and I haven't had time to do anything crafty or scrappy, but I did make this card a few days ago for the store. Remember, I was on my masking kick. I suppose it'll do. I love ORANGE PEEL STICKLES! YUMMMO!

So, we got to go on a real live date tonight. We went to eat at this amazing cafe. The food is so good there and Travis loved it all. We were going to see a movie, but I just couldn't fathom sitting through 2 hours and 40 minutes of Batman when my body just wants it's bed...so we went to Home Depot instead and tried to pick out some landscaping rock for the front. I also got myself a stylin' new pair of gardening gloves since my last pair is spent. Well, I'm off to finish my Sunday School lesson, take care and have a super night.

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Well, we have a rider that we never use! I use the push mower on the grass all the time, and I HATE it! I'm so NOT a landscaping/gardening person!

CUTE card!

Get rest while you can, before your new little one arrives!!