Thursday, October 06, 2011

Thrifty Thursday Sunburst Reveal

Remember, last week, when I showed you this amazing wonder of a glamorous, gilt, clock. Well she's ready to be revealed now.

I defaced her...yup, I took that clock face right off and got to work.

You need the tools of the trade. I gave her a good brushing...she had some serious plaque ie dust build up from her 70's days :).
Oh, and the clamp, how shall I say this...I broke her, I didn't KNOW I broke her (I suspected but in her dark days it was hard to tell) but upon inspection it became apparent that she had a crack from stem to stearn as it were. Do you know how she received said crack.
Well let me tell you a little ditty...
While at the Edgewood Salvation Army last week Jonah started yelling, "I've gotta go pee" over and over again and you just can't ignore a newly potty trained child when they say that. So, I'm trying to carry the girl, and she's not light I tell you, and helping maneuver Jonah through the flappy doors and trying not drop my purse, and well, I sorta dropped her (gasp). Don't worry though.
She's all better. I got some E-6000 in that crack and clamped her up nice and tight.

Then she got primed...I know I should use a better primer that gets better coverage but I still have some of this dollar stuff left so until it's all gone I'm stuck with it.

She was looking pretty good in gray. I ALMOST left her like that but Rustoleum's Heirloom White was calling my name once again.
All beautified and looking skyward with her brand new shiny face.

She's all gussied up and ready to take on the wall now.

Just which wall, exactly, is the question.

I love her here in my master bath with the teals and oranges.

But she might brighten up the living room too...hmmm. Decisions, decisions. (I refuse to get a new couch set until my kids stop drooling and wiping their filthy hands on anything that might remotely resemble a towel).
Hope you have a thrifty Thursday. I'd love it if you'd share your creations with me.
LINKIN' UP to Finding Fabulous' Frugalicious Friday!!!
and Mique's Pity Party

8 comments:

Jessica L. said...

You are so creative!! I love the white against the real wall!!

Jessica L. said...

You are so creative!! I love the white against the real bathroom wall.

Erica Bass said...

Lovely! I like it against the bathroom wall too! But you might nOt be able to show it off as well there. :)

Melissa D. said...

You may have just inspired me to get to our thrift shops in the area and see what I can scrounge up : ) She turned out gorgeous!

Unknown said...

you're ridiculous. i can't even find time to shower nonetheless refinish an old clock into a mirror. i'm telling, you've got super powers!

Anonymous said...

Misty It's absolutely beautiful!

jess@balancing the dream said...

beautiful!! i love it's detail!! it looks perfect as a mirror!!!

Linda said...

wow! stunning! if you are taking votes, i really love it against the teal wall.