Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Bokeh Valentine's Hearts and Pearl Confetti: Cure for the Monday Blues

I have begun making Valentine's Day cards (as well as others). For every card I sell from now until February 14th I am donating the proceeds to the building of a handicap accessible ramp for my friend's home. Her son was born just before Jonah and I remember watching their family go through the discovery of Tommy's illness in the months after he was born. They are such giving people. If I can but do this small thing to help it would only repay a fraction of what I have been given in being blessed by their friendships. 
I stumbled across the Cure for the Monday blues challenge the other day and the inspiration picture for #38 looked so yummy I thought I play along.
I stamped the pink and yellow hearts on the background paper. The blue heart was stamped on cream shimmer paper and popped up. I used the end of a brand new pencil to create the bokeh effect, stampin off as I went.

Also, using the Card Concept 100th challenge I kept it clean and simple. This card is easily recreated.
The combination of colors is perfect for both challenges.

At the last minute I added a few pearls for flair.

I hope my card does the inspiration justice and that whoever the recipient is adores it as well. I hope that we can all find ways to give back. Enjoy your week!
 


10 comments:

nancy carroll said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, I have a friend that requires 24/7 care, similar to Lou Gehrig's --he is 40's now, started in mid twenties, very difficult to watch, so I know. I usually go do work around house to help her... Bless you for your efforts to help.

Julie Gearinger said...

So sorry to hear about your friend...this is a wonderful way to help :-) Love the card that you created- the colors look fabulous together and the Bokeh technique works so wonderful for the CAS style. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

Linda said...

Fun,sweet card. How lucky your friend is to have a friend like you.

laurie said...

What a wonderful friend you are to help out..great idea. Your card is beautiful, just perfect for the challenges. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card.....love the bokeh effect. What a wonderful person you are to help out your friend.

Lea Lawson said...

This is really pretty!! I love the spring like colors, & the sweet sentiment!! Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept this week!

Anonymous said...

SO pretty!!! LOVE the colors, very fun!

Taheerah said...

Totally clever idea to use the back of a pencil eraser to create that bokeh-like pattern! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

Yoonsun Hur said...

Amazingly beautiful! Love your bokeh effect very much!! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

maria f. said...

Super sweet!