Thursday, October 24, 2013

Diorama 14th Century Renaissance Italy Map

I love when my love of paper crafting helps my kids. :)

Tessa was tasked with making a diorama for her 5th grade history class. She asked her teacher if it would be okay to do one of the map of Italy in their book and surprisingly her teacher said, "yes". I racked my brain on how to make a map more diorama like :) and this is the result.

I searched the net for an image of Renaissance Italy and then I printed it six times on different colored papers. Tessa cut blocks of the map out of the different colors and then we popped them up with pop dots. The red portion has three layers of dots. She then typed out all of the places and we printed them. I trimmed them for her and she snipped them down to a size that would fit.
I made the shadow box with a Silhouette Cut (Tessa did not help with that part)
She got 100 percent and now she gets to hang it on her wall in her room.
I'm entering this craft into the Scrapbook Steals Monday Craft Madness Challenge #47 to create something WITH your kids or for your kids. :)
Have a great day.

7 comments:

Erica Bass said...

that is a piece of art! Love it!!

Cathryn said...

That looks so amazing Misty......I agree, a beautiful piece of art!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow that is too cool.. great job.

Shannon J said...

SO cool! What a fabulous project to do with your daughter!

Nielouphar (Neelu) said...

So cool!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is amazing!

Unknown said...

stunning! i love the colors, dimension and flawless design. gorgeous!