Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Eggcellent!


So again with the Egg! This time I embossed it in white and then used my aqua painter and inks to fill it in. The coral bg paper is not that bright IRL but oh well. The swirls (grass) are from Technique Tuesday and stamped in Old Olive. I used my Fiskars edge punch for the detail on the side. Finished off with some Fruit Punch Stickles. This egg is more to my liking.


So a little note about the hubby being gone. He sorta kinda neglected to leave us with any cut wood (to be fair, when he left for work Mon. morning he didn't know he'd be gone all week). We heat our entire home solely by a wood burning stove, propane can get super expensive during the winter. So, yesterday me and my little peeps went outside and mommy proceeded to cut wood with a circular saw ( I won't dare touch a chain saw). My little helpers loaded all the wood I cut into their wagon and stacked it in the wood shed...even little A. I really felt like a Pioneer. My super wonderful friend Lucia came over and helped me with her dh's circular saw and I totally think we're gonna be toasty this week. Now when I need more wood I won't feel like I have to wait around for my man to cut it, I'm a confident, strong, woman. Go WOMAN! Have a great day.

9 comments:

pescbrico said...

I love this egg too :) LOL it's remind me when I climb on the roof to fix the cheminey! :) We are sure able to do a lot of thing !:)

Erica Bass said...

I'm o proud of you taking control of the situation!

That egg is a lot of fun, is it a die?

Jenn D said...

You go girl! I'd be afraid to use a chain saw as well. I'm glad the kids pitched in to help.

This card is so pretty. I love the lacy edge and the embossed egg.

Anonymous said...

Wow this is sooo lovely...the egg is beautifully done...I wouldnt want to use a chain saw neither...well done to your cildren helping with the wood:)x

Nicole said...

Wow! Good for you! My husband left me with no cut wood last year. I can still remember how mad I was while I was out chopping wood with an axe in the snow! But I did it!

Diane said...

Such a lovely card!!!
You go girl!!! Who said we need men,lol!!

Deborah said...

Gorgeous card! You go girl cutting your wood! I was so proud to be a handy gal the other day when DH was gone, the kitchen sinks both backed up! Yuck! This was of course after the dishwasher flooded the floor! I ran for the doggie rain towels, mop and bucket! I put the bucket underneath the sink and unscrewed the "u" valve and all the water flowed freely into the bucket! Not one drop inside of the cabinet! I flushed out the pvc and attached. Back in business! We can do it! Deb

The Dolphin Inn said...

Yeah you go girl, I'm all for a little independence, and WOW that s the loveliest easter card ever - the colours are gorgeus and I love the egg stamp TFS XXX

Deb Neerman said...

Wowsa, what a beautiful card!!!

TFS; and thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment ... you rock!!

~Hugs, Deb
http://debneerman.blogspot.com