Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Makin' Tracks...EMDR

I was just creating for this card. I'm sure it will go to some adorable little boy I know. The stamp is from Basic Grey. I used Not Quite Navy ink. I inked the edges with Old Olive. EK Success grass punch and I popped some up with dimensionals. Ribbon is from American Crafts.

I was out of sorts this weekend. I experienced something that was extremely traumatic to me on Saturday and only felt better yesterday after going for a session of EMDR therapy.
I wasn't exactly skepticle when I went in but I was afraid it wouldn't be able to help me with what I was experiencing. I was proven wrong and I came away from my session feeling better than I have in years and will probably go back at least once more. I want to say thank you to my friends that have had EMDR and shared their own amazing experiences. It truly helped me to take that leap and heal myself. I am definitely going to suggest my mom find someone in her area that does EMDR, it would help her so much. I'm just rambling as always, but it was so interesting to see how your brain can be reprogrammed to NOT react to certain things the way it used to.
I hope you have an amazing day.


8 comments:

Lee said...

What a truly adorable little boy card!!! And I'm sorry you had a rough weekend but am so glad you're doing better!!

Lacey said...

The wonders of EMDR! There's no better therapy!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Adorable card! I love the stamp! I love the anniversary card too! Sorry you had a rough weekend, but glad the therapy helped!

Anonymous said...

Awww, this is an adorable card!

I am so sorry to hear you had a rough weekend. I am glad to know you are feeling better though. HUGS.

Jenn

Erica Bass said...

I'm glad you're doing better now.

So I've almost bought this set like 3 times in the last month! So "cute" or should I say scary?

Lisa said...

That card is adorable! TFS

Jill said...

Love these stamps and what you did with them. They are perfect for boys.

Deborah said...

What a great raptor card! Love the color combo! Take good care of yourslef, glad the therapy is helpful for you. Hugs, Deb