Thursday, August 18, 2011

Design on a dime Upcylcling!!


Good Morning!
Those who know me know that I love to go thrifting...I believe it can be inherited trait...:) I got it from my mom.
So here's a little layout all about some of my recent finds and what I've done with them.
I used Scrapbook Steals MWM Topaz #4 sketch as my starting point. This layout went through a few transformations. Starting with a vellum journaling block which I sewed to the page (I had white embossed flowers behind it. It lacked balance and so my second attempt included journaling strips (on top of the sewed on vellum, shrugging shoulders).
I used the Journey collection from Authentique for most of my accents.
The leaf punch I used is from EK Sucess. I inked over the cutout with chalk ink from Martha Stewart.
I added pearls to the ends of the strips and finished it off by inking the edges.
The white floral rub-on is from SU.
I punched out the pennants and sewed them to the page with twine. I then punched some more, stamped them using Stampin' Up's Simply Soft stamp set in Tempting Turquoise Ink and adhered them over the top with dimensionals. The patterned paper is from Journey I just pleated it and attached it over the journaling then sewed it down.

Hope you all are have a super day. Enjoy the Journey!

3 comments:

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

PERFECT! Love the added pearls! Love it!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the banner, the photos and the colors!! Thanks sooooooo much for stopping by my blog today!! I appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Wendy ten Hove said...

This is so gorgeous, all the details, so pretty! The colors are perfect!! Very, very nice!
Hugs, Wendy