Saturday, August 04, 2007

So proud of myself





I can't believe I finished three pages last night. The pics are all from our trip to CA this past June. I wanted them all to have the same basic concept and I did want to use the same papers on all of them. But when it came down to it Tessa's pic really didn't go with the bright surfboard paper! I still need to journal a bit on all of them but I like to take my time with that and get the right words down on paper. I really hate rushing my journaling because then I go back and think, "why did I write that"?
For "Surfer and Dude" I used a alpha set called serendipity from Technique Tuesday. I cuttlebugged the surfboard paper on the Surfer lo to give it more texture. I used the SU whimsical lower for "Beach Baby". I also used another TT set for the dots. I used SU Doodle This with white craft ink on Tessa's lo. I used petaloo flowers and buttons as well. I inked around the journaling block with cool carribean to bring in the blue. Have a great day! Misty

3 comments:

michelle said...

I've seen that surfboard paper,but never bought 'cause I wasn't sure what I'd do with it...but i LOVE what you did with it and the colors are so beachy. I know, girl lo HAVE to have some kind of flowers. they are all adorable!!!!

Deborah said...

So darn cute! Where in California were you? I live in San Diego, so nice in the ocean isn't it? Looks like your kiddies had a good beach day! Deb

Diane Lynch said...

Adorable LOs - looks like fun!