Thursday, June 26, 2008

Baptism Dress card


I just couldn't sleep last night...hormones I guess. I always get worried that my thyroid is acting up again when this kind of thing happens but it's probably just the babe. So in the midst of my sleepless night I had a brilliant idea for a baptism card. One of the girls I teach on Sundays is getting baptized this Saturday and I hope she likes what I came up with...
I just used a onesie card as a jumping off point. I used my Fiskars Edge punch for the bottom and the sleeves of the dress. I think it's the victorian lace one. I outlined the edge with sliver glitter and then added the shimmery flower trim across the midriff. The silver, metal flowers are part of a necklace beading kit. I used my 1 3/8" circle punch for the neck hole, added the scallop trim which was punched with my scallop punch and finally, I used my Sakura glitter gel pen to add some bling around the scallops. A little hard to see all the gorgeous details but it's so pretty.
Just a funny...last night I suggested we eat out at a local Soup Or Salad because I was craving salad (oh and because I hate cooking when I'm pregnant, nothing sounds good). We're seated and enjoying our goodies and my dh turns to me and says, "It must be pregnant women night tonight." At first I was like yeah right! Then I took a good look around, heck if there weren't FIVE other pregnant ladies chowin' down on some greens. Too funny.

16 comments:

D said...

gorgeous card! I craved Souplantation during my last trimester- same idea as Soup or Salad. I still crave it now though I try to limit my salad intake because the secondhand greens don't agree so well with my nursing baby. So enjoy it for me too!

Lee said...

Oh gosh this is just gorgeous!!!! I love it! So lacy and pretty!! And oh I'm with you on not feeling like cooking when pregnant.....I remember that even if it was many years ago!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Your border punch is perfect for this dress ... so pretty.

Unknown said...

wow, beautiful card! I'm sure she'll love it!

Just Me said...

BEAUTIFUL card!!!!!

Kim Watson said...

What a great idea! All the touches are just perfect....especially the pretty boarders.

Anonymous said...

WOW That is beautiful

Diane said...

Wow what a gorgeous card!!! I'm sure whe will love it!!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card! It is so elegant looking with the punched border.

I used to hate sleepless nights when I was pregnant, but I was too exhausted to get up and do anything. I'd just lie there until the last minute. LOL! At least you are productive.

Now I'm craving salad. Actually I have been for the last few days. It's so good in hot weather.

Alex said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Misty!! I love this and she will too! WoW! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

I love the card Misty...About 6 years from now, I'll have to have you make one for Isabel!

Erica Bass said...

That's beautiful I love it!

Heather said...

Gorgeous card- such amazing detail!

Deborah said...

WOW! You did a fantastic job on this baptismal dress card! Just gorgeous! Take care! Deb

Renée said...

This is wonderful! I'm sure she'll love it!!

Belva Jean said...

Hi Misty,

Love the card!! You are too creative :) Glad to catch up on all the fun things you are doing and your family.

Enjoy your pregnancy! My big craving was watermelon with Logan. We lived in Korea, it was winter time, and the watermelons were only the size of a football. Did I mention those were the most expensive watermelons, but they were so good!