Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hip Hippo Ray

Tessa's birthday was yesterday, she turned five. Boy was that exciting for her. Here's the card I made for her. I will post details later.

I used Stampin' Up's Pun Fun set. Colored the image in with a blender pen and Rose Chalk Ink. Then went over it with Regal Rose ink. The stars are wheeled in Rose chalk ink. The Paper Lace is from K&Co. The brads are fromthe Target $1 spot (Nat gave them to me for my birthday). I also used stickles on the ballon, bow, and hippo toes. Green paper is SEI. Pink striped...?

This is Tessa and I at Chuck E. Cheese's. Mrs. Cake mouth.



And here's a silly picture of Jakob, Kate (Tessa's best friend) and Tessa. Tessa's hair is courtesy of her dad, but psst don't tell anyone. He doesn't want anyone to know that HE put the rollers in her hair the night before and helped her lie her head down on her pillow so they wouldn't pull. He's too macho. When I took them out the next morning she had quite the afro, but I tamed it down a lot and she was so happy with it. Pssst also don't tell anyone that When I had longer hair Travis used to put those same rollers in my hair so I could have Shirley Temple hair. He can't stand anyone to know that he would stoop to such feminineness.
So excited to be getting my hair cut tomorrow. Take care.

10 comments:

Jenn D said...

Happy 5th Birthday Tessa! I hope you had a wonderful day filled with family, friends, laughter and love.

Our two are so close in age! Colin turned 5 on the 15th.

Jenn D said...

Ooops, hit send too soon . . .

Your card is so cute! I love the lacy border with the brads.

Lee said...

Awww.........very cute card....love that scallop!! And happy birthday to your little girl!! She's a cutie patootie!! Don'tcha just love it when daddies are daddies for their little girls??!! It's a special relationship that I never got to have with my father.......but I'm so blessed that even as a teenager, my daughter and hubby are still so super close!! Treasure those moments!!

Diane said...

Looks like Tessa had a great B'day.
Happy belated B'day Tessa!!!
That's so cute that daddy did her hair,he did a fantastic job,but don't tell him cuz then he'll know you told us!

Erica Bass said...

That paper lace is really cool. Happy B-day Tessa!! Her hair is really cute like that. Thank goodness for dads that put rollers in girls hair!

Erin... said...

what a cute card!! love all the bling!! also such cute photos from teh party!!

Alex said...

happy birthday Tessa - she is a cutie!!! I love her birthday card, the rickrack is so fun and the colors are bright and happy!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

My Paper World said...

Awwww! Happy Birthday to Tessa! Love the cute card and the adorable photos!

Jill said...

Sweet pictures! Love the card too!

Elaine said...

Sweet kids! Looks like the party was alot of fun! Hope you enjoy your babies while they are still little!