Thursday, December 06, 2007

9 Square Floral


After being inspired by Tim Holtz's blog to use my alcohol inks...I played with them yesterday.
I used Eggplant and Lettuce inks on the "frame" which is made from the waste of a memory card game after punching out the cards. It's glossy chip so alchohol inks do so well with it. I took another tip from Tim and used a piece of felt to make my own stamp pad which I used for all the flora. Some of the flowers look lighter because I spritzed them before stamping. I then used Ice Stickles and glossy accents to finish off the flowers. Here's a close up of the bottom right hand corner. Have a great day and don't forget to scroll down and enter to win some BLOG BOOTY!

9 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gorgeous card. The colours, and style are gorgeous. I love the close up. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial, and give it a try.

Jill said...

This is beautiful. I love the way the alcohol inks look (and who doesn't love sitckles?)Nice work.

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL card! I really like all the squares!!

xxxMarieke

Lacey said...

I never would have thought to use left overs from old board games! Thanks for the idea!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

VERY cool! I'm SO enjoying Tim's blog every day! He's amazing, and the tags he's making are FANTASTIC! This is great!! I have no alcohol inks, but thanks to Tim's blog this week, I have a LONG shopping list!

Diane said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Esther said...

Gorgeous colours and gorgeous work! What a ingenious idea! Well done

Samantha said...

Great project and clever use of left-overs!! I really like all that sparkle :)

Erica Bass said...

I need you to show me some of this stuff. Creative recycling my friend!