Thursday, July 24, 2008

Let's Eat

So here's just a little sampling of something I like to call... a night out at an All American Eatery. Just kidding. We had burgers at a Fudrucker's and I thought it would be fun to document what it was like to eat out in the year 2008. It happens all too infrequently around here...I'm so darn tired of cooking, especially with the 20 extra pounds and the muggy summer weather.

I had a major problem with my journaling. I printed it on a transparency (thanks for the idea Michelle) but it just would not dry. I left it overnight and it was still wet in the morning. I added some clear embossing powder over the top and embossed. It's permanent now, but what did I do wrong in the first place? Paper is scenic route and making memories.

HaVE a GREAT dAY!




7 comments:

michelle said...

i love how all the colors go. i am really liking craft color lately. cute pics-as usual.

Erica Bass said...

Your latest stuff and previous posts are great! Really like how you have the photos overlapping pages on this post. C-ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, Fudruckers. I havne't been to one of those in years. I think Colin was about 18 months old and a little girl was ignoring him when he continuously said "Hi". He then turns to me and says "I like girls!". LOL!

I love the layout and colors you picked. Fabulous pages.

Thanks for the well wishes for Evan. I think it may be teething, but he get sick so easily it's hard to tell. We'll see how it all plays out over the weekend and I may end up back at the pedi come Monday. UGH!

Wendy aka wendella247 said...

These pages are so well laid out. I really like the way you balanced the two sides with the pieces of dp. The photos and theme are great, and I love how you did the title!

Kim Watson said...

Did you use transparency paper specially for ink jet printers? regular transparency doesn't dry...ever. The treated ones have tiny little dots of glue on one side for the ink to stick to.

I love your photo's, the yellow glow makes them all friendly & they mix perfectly with the black 'n white ones. Great job!!

P.S you are not the only one who doesn't get to go out much & we only have one. Stresses my bloke out as well as having no choice but one restaurant that caters for families with children....thats life in Africa for you :o)

Alex said...

Fabulous pages Misty!! Love pages like this that show everyday events - makes them that much more cool!!!! Make sure you use transparencies made for ink-jet printers, otherwise they won't ever dry! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lauren said...

Great layout. The kraft background is perfect - it makes me think of brown bag lunch!