Sunday, July 13, 2008

My funny boy

I really wanted to get some scrappin' done and Kim over at To the Starres and Back blog has some great challenges. Today is the deadline to do a lo with b/w pics, stamped title, arrows, frame, and journaling block. Did I get it all? I just adore this picture of Aaron. He truly can be the life of the party. He has great comedic timing and manages to make us smile or laugh at almost every meal. Can you say future class clown? This is, of course, my husband who never misses the opportunity to tease his children. Picture taken February 2008. He's grown so much already.
Today the children had a lesson on the 10 lepers at church and being thankful. Synopsis: Jesus healed 10 lepers and only one returned to thank him.
So when we got home I asked the kiddos what they remembered about the lesson. I asked Tessa what a leper was and she proceeded to explain to me that it's a guy who has a stick and he watches sheep and they stay close to him. Apparently lepers are synonomous with sheperds (a lesson she had two weeks ago on the scripture that talks about the sheperd leaving the 99 and going to look for the one must have made a big impression on her). Jakob set her straight in no time and told her in no uncertain terms that a leper is someone whose skin is falling off their body. Ahhh...boys.
Arrows are my own design, colored in with Zigs and washed out with a blender pen. Art Warehouse Stamp for "A" and Technique Tuesday stamp for "funny". Chipboard circles are from Stampin' Up chip pack. Paper is Scenic Route. Letters: Heidi Swapp. Tag was distressed with inks and lines were drawn on it for journaling. PS I'm waiting to erase my pencil lines to make sure the ink is dry.

10 comments:

pescbrico said...

what a wonderful page you have create there! I love it! :) Have a wonderful day!

Dani said...

Wow! Fantastic layout! Love it!

Kim Watson said...

Misty...your technical know-how with inks & stamping is SO inspirational...I love everything about it. The blended inks on the 'A' look really great! I am definitely going to be able to learn tons from you.
Thanks so much for playing along.

Jakob's comment is classic....you are right...so BOY!! :o)
XX

My Paper World said...

Too cute Misty! the photo is precious!
and your arrow designs look great!
Love the fun story too! xx

Anonymous said...

This page is Fabulous! WOW! Aaron sounds a lot like Colin. He is going to always be the class clown in my family, although Evan is catching up quickly in that department.

Alex said...

Fabulous layout Misty!!! Love the pic, too precious! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Mel said...

The detail in this LO is amazing. So many elements housed in such harmony. Well done!

Erica Bass said...

This LO is so artistic! so many cool details and fun colors! BTW your kraft paper actually shows up the right color. I have trouble with that.

michelle said...

love the craft color with the vibrant colors-they pop! and that pic of aaron is too funny-what a character!!
see you on the morrow.

Lee said...

Awwww............I'm just catching up on blogs......I LOVE this layout and that photo is toooooooo cute!!! And you look AWESOME!!!! 10 weeks to go!! WoooHooo!!!!! Will you send me your snail mail if you're comfortable doing that??