Thursday, August 28, 2008

Have a whale of a day!

Here's my birthday card entry for the state fair. I used a paint chip with water words on it and then had glittery seaweed coming out of two of the holes. I've got to run and submit my works but I'll come back later and post more details.
I sprayed the background with Olive Glimmer Mist first, then adhered the paint chip over that. I added the MM patterned paper and the polkadot ribbon and brads. Next, I hand cut out my seaweed and stuffed the punch outs with it. I stamped my image from Fishy Friends in black Stazon and then watercolored it in Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise inks. I then added a layer of opalescent glitter glue on the water parts and smeared around. Lastly, I drew lines of glitter on the seaweed and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to make it pop. The shrimp and starfish stamps are from Crab & Company.
Oh and guess what I found out today, a little late? The lady from Creative Memories had a falling out with the State Fair and CM is no longer hosting the scrapbooking section. Ladies, our prayers have been answered. Next year baby, I'm back!
Have a great day. I'm off with the family to go camping this weekend. Taking a walk on the wild side.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that just the cutest whale ever!! I love to work with paint chips and your idea is just adorable! LOVING that glimmer water too.

Kristy said...

Bwaaa haaa haaaa haaa about the CM fall out! Yup...He does hear prayers.

So I got my lil' package yesterday! Oh I wish I could give you a big hug! I love it. Love it all!

So I've scheduled you an appt. with the therapist for when you get back. I mean any girl that is 9 mos. prego MUST need so evaluation if she's willing to go camping of her on free will and choice! ;)

Hope you have fun! Be safe! Don't have a baby in the wilderness!

Erica Bass said...

I don't know where I've been but I've missed a lot of your posts! I love everything that you have been working on but this card is so amazing! I love all of the little details that you included. Have fun camping!!