Sunday, January 20, 2008


It's so weird how every time I upload an image to my blog it's darker than it was in Photoshop. I wanted this to be a super special lo. This picture of my children tugs at my heartstrings.
I'm thinking about remaking the little name block so that their names are more bold... but overall I'm in love with this layout!


I used chalk ink and the back of this sheet of paper as a mask to create the block around the photo. That's K&Co paper ribbon across the bottom of the pic. The ruffled ribbon is more magenta IRL and matches perfectly. Added a CK rhinestone flower brad to attach the ribbon. I made my own rub-on with a transparency for the "Moment" part of my title and wrote in the rest with a zig writer. I borrowed this title from a lo my friend Tara made. The heart brad is paper studio. Finally the paper is Creative Imaginations.

17 comments:

pescbrico said...

This is really a great page! Love the layout and the mini pictures on the side!

Karin said...

Understand you like it. It´s wonderful. I love how you built it up and the decorations. Gives me a lot of inspration.

Jenn D said...

I love the page. The colors are gorgeous.

I think the color is a blogspot thing. I notice my photos are way darker online too.

Anonymous said...

What a stunning LO!

Clare said...

This layout is simply stunning, the edge to the page is amazing and I love the chalking. Your kids are gorgeous too!

shelbell said...

What an adorable pic of your kiddos...they are cuties! Did you take it? Hope your great:)

Happy New Year!

Tessa Tegendraads said...

Wow, Love your work, it's very nice!

Thanks for visiting my blog
Greetings from the Netherlands!

Tessa

My Paper World said...

This is beautiful! and such an adorable photo!

Deborah said...

Your children are so precious! Love the edging on this layout! I agree the bold lettering would be nice! Deb

Scrappy Moments said...

Wonderful Layout, I just Love The paper :)


Angie

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Gorgeous photo of your children! I love the layout. It is very special. I love the paper too!

Lauren said...

This is too adorable, as our the subjects. TFS!

Jessica said...

Amazing LO! Great job!

Samantha said...

Super pretty LO!! I just love that Creative Imaginations paper. I don't think I've seen that paricular piece before. You did such a wonderful job, and your children are too cute. I bet you're one proud mama!!

michelle said...

LOVE IT!! I love everything about this lo. I don't think you need to change a thing. The picture of the kids is adorable. I love the tiny pics on the side.

Saturday was fun. It has been years, literally, since we hung out like that. Lets do it again. Love ya. Call me for ANYTHING.

Anonymous said...

love everything on this Lo..so adorable:)
I`m just trying to master paintshop pro...my heads in a right muddle!!!:)x

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS LO & THANX FOR THE TIP ON CHALKING!