Sunday, January 06, 2008

Stake Presidency Thank You

I used Beates Weekend Sketch #29 for the inspiration on this card. Today was Stake Conferance. The two hours actually went pretty quickly this Sunday since services began at 8:00am. I wanted to make a card to thank our Stake Presidency for all the hard work that they put forth on our account. They have made us feel loved and cared for and I know that they are truly doing the Lord's work. I used an image by Stamp A Mania. If you have not heard of this company, I have to tell you, you're missing out. The detail in their images is amazing and the stamp comes on a wood block that has been laser cut. Just beautiful. Plus I got this stamp for half off when my local stamp store had an after Christmas sale. There's a windmill and old horse shed just like this down the road from us, well it's a little worse for ware right now, since the wind has knocked over the horse shed and the windmill has lost it's top, but it still reminded me. Here's the card I made using the stamp.


I colored in the image with my blender pens and inks. I used several different greens including Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Garden Green and Wild Wasabi. The Windmill is Weathered Wood by Ranger and the ground is Scattered Straw by Ranger. The barn is Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa with a hint of Scattered Straw. The red is Real Red. Clouds done with Soft Sky. I used my Priceless stamp set to add swirls to the background. Finally Lime Peel and Patina stickles were added for bling (hard to see in picture). Here's a close up, the dots are stickles! Have a great day

9 comments:

pescbrico said...

Your coloring is very outstanding! It almost look real! I love it a lot!

Anonymous said...

Misty, your card is beautiful. I love your coloring!
Thanks so much for playinig with the sketch
Hugs and smiles

Angie Tieman said...

Beautiful card!! Amazing job on your watercoloring!!

Deborah said...

Gorgeous work Misty! WOW! Deb

Jessica said...

Beautiful card!

D said...

Gorgeous! I especially love the clouds in the background. Your painting in of the image is amazing!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

The detail on this is amazing. Just gorgeous!

Lauren said...

Great coloring! The card really stands out.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning Beate's Challenge for the week. Great Job!!!