Monday, January 28, 2008

That's my boy

I'm giving up on potty training for a little while, until the tike is more willing I guess. I still have to add journaling to bottom right corner and I was thinking of also adding the cowboy kid image because of his boots. We'll see.
Recipe: "potty" letters Li'l Davis, "Break" letters WeRMemoryKeepers, polka dot/green paper Chatterbox, brads SEI
On a more personal note.
Last night I was on the phone with my SIL when she heard from her husband that President Gordon B. Hinckley had died. This is a sad loss for our church but at the same time I'm happy that he can be at peace and be with his wife again. He was 97 years old and had recently joked that the only thing keeping him here on this Earth was all of our prayers...so he basically told us to quit it. He was funny like that and will be missed for this good humor and his deep spirit.

9 comments:

Jenn D said...

Potty training can be so frustrating! I hope that Evan picks it up quickly. We struggled with Colin until we let him do it on his own. A break might just be what sparks him to want to use the big potty. Good luck!

I am sorry to hear about the loss in your church.

Sadie said...

Dig his boots. Bless him, great LO

Scrappy Moments said...

Cute Layout, Love The Chatterbox Paper :)

Angie

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabby layout so cute ,graet to show him when he gets older ,Dawnx
so sorry to hear about your friend at church ,you are in my thoughts xx

Karin said...

This is so cute! Great photos!

Clare said...

Great layout, potty training is never straightforward! I think in the end they do it when they want to - not before!!

pescbrico said...

Cool page! I'm sorry for your lost.

Lauren said...

I lol'ed at your layout. I love it. But I am terribly sorry for your loss. Sounds like he lived a blessed (not to mention long)life.

Unknown said...

LOL What a cutie! Love your page! I can SO relate! We're going through the same thing.