Thursday, July 19, 2007

New Doo

I keep forgetting to take pics of myself with my new coiffure. So I did take some time out today to take some self portraits. I used some of my tried and true poses but they are still a little lacking for me. I probably should try screaming outloud like they do on America's Next Top Model. Not my best but enough complaining. My hair looks so cool in the back. I do it all crazy with moose. Maybe I'll have Trav take a pic later. I'm already due for another doo cut. Having short hair really takes some upkeep unlike when I let it grow and grow for a year without a cut.
Hey it's hard not to squint when facing the light. On a lighter note...
Why God Made Moms: answers given by elementary school age children to the following questions:
Why did God make mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
What kind of little girl was your Mom?
1. My Mom has always been my Mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.
What did Mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your Mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.
What's the difference between moms and dads?
1. Moms work at work & work at home, & dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.
What does your Mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your Mom perfect? 1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.
Oh and I've decided that at 2,000 hits there will be some blog candy on this here blog!
Misty

3 comments:

michelle said...

Misty, you are beautiful! These pics turned out great. And this haircut looks really good on you. Does Travis like it yet? That mom stuff is hilarious. "Moms are made of evrething mean and a dab of mean" LOVE IT!! Are you ready for some camping? we're going to have lots of "fun that is funny". c-ya girl.

D said...

Thanks for the comment on my haircut. Only right that I comment on yours too. :) All comment swaps aside I do think that it is a great cut and I would love to see a pic of the back. Short hair is so fun! It does need to get cut a lot more. My hairdresser is due to have a baby anyday now and I really want a cut. Sigh...I guess I'll just have to wait or find someone else to cut it once...

Tara said...

adorable hair!!!! love it, i just got mine cut like that on mother's day, it's so easy to deal with and it looks awesome on you!!!!

Love the list too, i must copy that off!!!

have a great week!